Thursday, February 09, 2006

Beam me Scotty.

In a bid to create his dream home Tony Alleyne, 52, has spent $71,000 transforming his home Hinckley, Leicestershire, UK, into a replica of the starship Voyager from the Star Trek franchise.

Some may call him a fan, or even a Fan, I think I'd call him a fanatic myself.

His home is complete with touch screen blue panel lighting, a transporter room, command console and even special lighting to pretend to "beam me up Scotty". (Denzil: ok Trekkies will note that Scotty is from the original series and not Voyager)

2 loans and 14 credit cards his Voyager seems to have left space dock without him and now he's bankrupt with debt totalling almost $400,000. Ouch!

Personally if I were to spend that much on a makeover, I think I'd be more Star Wars inclined. But I think I'd never get that past Lulu!!!

Original article here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a friend like that who insisted that I call him Picard. Oh, and he kept on reassuring me that his "star ship" was orbiting earth in order to protect from borg attacks.
Last I heard he was still working at PC World;)