Sunday, September 04, 2005

Saturday Afternoon Movie: Paint Your Wagon

It always amuses me where you find pearls of wisdom and things for thought. This one is from Paint Your Wagon, the only musical Clint Eastwood starred and sang in.

PARDNER: Ben, do you uh.. you get the feeling you need a drink?
BEN: How did you know?
PARDNER: 'Cause I do too.
BEN: But Pardner, you don't drink.
PARDNER: No, but I'm changing.
BEN: Hmmm, and it takes a woman to do it. Bless their hearts

And another:

Mrs. Fenty: You should read the Bible, Mr. Rumson.
Ben Rumson: I have read the Bible, Mrs. Fenty.
Mrs. Fenty: Didn't that discourage you about drinking?
Ben Rumson: No, but it sure killed my appetite for readin'!

More here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064782/quotes

I'd say this movie has more good quotes than a single episode of The Simpson.

1 comment:

Ben Rumson said...

Stumbled across your blog site and will keep checking it out. I have been big time fan of Paint Your Wagon since it came out and just started my own blog site. You can see my site at http://www.rumsonsramblings.blogspot.com/ Keep it up and glad to see others who appreciated and loved one of the funniest movies ever. Sincerely "Ben Rumson"