Wednesday, September 07, 2005

On protein shakes...

Many moons and winters ago, a younger Denzil once tried his eldest brother's protein shake. It tastes like shit...

Fast forward to today.

Denzil gets up early.
Denzil goes to the gym.
Denzil feels pain.

Denzil tries a protein shake £3.60 for 46grams of whey protein in a milk chocolate shake.

It still tastes like shit. To be fair it tasted ok - the first half did. The taste became overpowering in the second half and made me feel sick. The sway of the bus (note to self: don't sit on the top deck of the bus - this exaggerates the sway) didn't help.

You'd think after many years they'd be able to improve the taste.

Last time I went to the gym I ate an entire chicken afterwards. I didn't feel that crash hot afterwards either. Maybe steak is the way to go to get my protein...

Read this if your interested about protein shakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

;), should drink Reflex protein shakes. Although not the standard of a proper milk shake, I find mixing it with skimmed milk actually quite nice. But yeah, it is a hard thing to get accustomed to.
Think ya self lucky, in my day we used to wash down two raw eggs with a jugg of whole fat milk.. eeeeeww....

Denzil said...

I did think about sculling 2 raw eggs actually.. gave that idea up as a pretty bad one before I even got out of bed!!!