Friday, May 26, 2006

Damn you stupid soft!

The Mackintoosh folks over in pony tail hair-do land will lauf hysterically when they learn that my pc was running dog slow because the hard drive was thrashing.  I have 1 gig of ram installed on this little Dell beauty (don't hate me coz I run dell), but my page file was running at 2 gigs!  Internet Exploder/Explorer was taking over 300 megs of memory.  I just happen to also run Firefox, that ran at just under 20 megs.


Grrr... *wild hysterical fist shaking at Stupid Soft*


No, the fact that I have a database installed on this machine, running 2 development IDEs, Outlook, Excel, Internet Exploder, and Firefox did NOT have anything to do with it. Denial (the Nile) is just a river in Egypt after all.


Technorati Tags:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, pony tails were so 90's for mac geeks, now we have funky spikey hair;) hehe

I hated J2EE development for some of the same reasons your having.. Its so nice to have a smart text editor and work with a scripted language nowadays. Less bloat...

Denzil said...

But I tend to believe that much of the bloat is because of the way java programs are designed. (Ok some of it is the framework your using too). Take the NE apps.. much of that is just bloat.. redesigned it would be much simpler to extend and manage.

Anonymous said...

Its true though, 80% of whats at NE's core isn't needed or used at all. Abstraction is great, until it gets in the way of getting things done.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's all bit of a flim flam to me...