Monday, May 22, 2006

Its only one step away from Bead Making...

Besides picking up bread making as an interest I've thought about making fresh pasta. Unfortunately that thought didn't come to any sort of tickering in the kitchen (when I can get time in there... and when Lu allows me!).

But today I'm excited. Not because I've found the inspiration. Not because I've found an Italian to teach me the family secrets (and I don't have to marry the daughter to get to them). But because on the SMH website I found this little video.

In it you will find the basics for making pasta. One thing Steve Manfredi (the presenter) doesn't state is what sort of flour to use, I suppose Google is my friend.

hmmm.. I seem to recall as a younger Denzil.. a Denzil with much less wrinkles and greying hair.. that my parents have one of those pasta machines that Steve uses to flatten and cut the dough. Failing that I've Steph's bestest friend in the world!

oh.. and I have some basil growing out in the sun room.. yes.. I think that would be a good addition to my pasta recipe!! mwoahahahaha

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denz, I have a pasta machine if you want to borrow it. Pretty new still - picked it up from a friend who was going overseas and needed to get rid of it.