Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Telemarketers

Gawd I hate telemarketers.

They're like used car salemen who are too lazy to sell shit cars to nieve little old ladies, instead they sit behind the safety of their jacked-in headsets at the other end of the telephone line. They'll lie and cheat and sell their own mother's to meet their quotas.

The latest incident, still hot on my (now) grated temper of 5 minutes ago involves a telemarketer who had a strong accent making it difficult to follow what he was saying. He's probably based in some cheap call centre in Bombay, India by his accent.

His pitch was devious, so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. Instead of the usual pitch of you can change from your current telecom supplier to us, he started out with "from next week you'll enjoy reduced rates..."

Smelling the fox amongst the chickens I asked him if our service is currrently with him. He decidedly avoided the question and I took him I'm not the account holder. He tried to get me to say I have authority over the account to which I do not. So next he tries to talk to the account holder. I flatly refuse his attempts to circumvent me, so he tool just hangs up.

How bloody rude! I should have gotten his name, and the company and make a formal complaint. I think if he didnt just hang up I wouldn't be so annoyed about it.

Working at home has its draw backs. Actually being home to receive telemarketing calls is one of them. Getting calls to the wrong number because our number is similar to that of a doctor's surgery is another. The rude ones don't say anything and just hang up.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once lived in a block of flats and had one of these dodgy sales people come to my door. He proclaimed to me that he could reduce the cost of my gas bill and it would be wildly cheaper than my current supplier. I raised an eyebrow and said "You do realise that this entire block doesn't have and is not able to receive gas?".