Thursday, December 08, 2005

Yes Gordan I'm Another Year Older.

Another year, another year older. Time certainly does travel faster when you get older!! This year certainly has gone in the blink of an eye. I'm now alittle older at 33, and perhaps abit wiser.

For my birthday Lulu was able to secure a reservation at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant at Claridge's. Gordon Ramsay is a celebrity chief in much the same way Jamie Oliver is. (side note is Gordon Ramsay known back home in Australia?)

We had a brilliant 3 course meal with classy silver service. This is the kind of restaurant that celebrities and the social elite dine... commoners like myself generally have to book 6 months in advance! How on earth Lulu managed the reservation is beyond me! Gotta love that woman!

I can't get by the quality of service at this place. A waiter comes by with our orders while 2 other waiters present the food to our table. Considering that a glass of orange juice costs 5.00 pounds I don't know if this would be a regular occurance - despite that the quality and size of the servings being exceptional.

And the best part of the experience was that we saw the man himself - Gordon Ramsay! But unlike his cooking shows we didn't hear him swear.. hahahaha. Seeing Gordon at the restaurant added a special element to the lunch because we thought he would be like Jamie Oliver and not actually work in his restaurants anymore. Unfortunately he left before we could pin him down to get a photo with him! It's nice to know that Gordon himself could have made my lunch :D

No comments: