Thursday, September 28, 2006

Is this the latest Telemarketing Scam?!

Bloody hell! They're coming in daily now!

Yesterday I got a telemarketing call. You know the kind, 3 second pause, then the (almost invariably) Indian operator answers. One trick when you realise that the call is a telemarketer (because nobody on the other side says anything) is to not say anything and wait for the telemarketer to talk first.

I did this, and the first thing I asked when they started was to ask whether this is a telemarketing call. The Indian girl said no. Are you trying to sell me something? No. She then said something not worth repeating (mostly because it wasnt worth remembering - and it wasnt swearing) and quickly hangs up. Don't think she was having a good day. No not at all.

Today. Today's call. Apparently we were randomly selected out of the millions of humanoids in our part of the galaxy on planet Earth orbiting the star named Sol to receive a free mobile phone. That much I got out of her. I had bearly said a word. Infact I couldnt. She promptly hung up.

Well!! That was rather rude!!

If we happen to receive said mobile in the mail with some contractual obligation of payment they can go and shove it. Be funny if it came with a if you do not wish to sign up please return this in the free reply paid sachel. Does that mean we can invoice them for the labour costs in handling their mail? hmm.. i might try that for kicks.

What if i ebay the phone and not return any paper work. What if I ebay the phone AND the contract. I wonder if thats legal.

No comments: