Wednesday, September 27, 2006

No More Salt Lick!?

Hmmm.. in a wave of perhaps inspiration... the easiest thing to do to avoid Salt Lick Bread is to remove all the salf from the recipe altogether. Easy. Besides the simpliest recipe I've seen for bread is just flour, water and yeast.

Though I'm told that I'm in danger of having bread that tastes just like flour and water.

Yesterday I went around all the local discount shops looking for a set of scales that can weigh small quantities like 5 grams of salt or 7.5 grams of yeast. No why is it that whenever I have an idea of what I want to buy I always end up back at the first place I go? $3.80 later at the Japan Home Centre saw me the proud owner of a cheap set of scales.

In a few hours when I've finished making it (2nd kneading, rising, etc) I hope to have something decent to eat!

Tags: .

No comments: