Monday, March 13, 2006

Crikey! That Celebrity nearly got us!

Crikey!! You'd never know who I bumped into on the weekend!!

Lulu and I were at the harbour's edge on Sunday enjoying the blue skies. Annd guess who happened to be strolling along with his Misses and little one? Steve Irwin!!! Australia's favourite son!

Lulu didn't believe me when I casually blurted out "its Steve Irwin!". Perhaps its because I did it so casually that she didn't believe me! But crikey, its Steve Irwin!!! Fortunately Lu had her camera (why the hell didn't I take mine?!?).

And today I saw the queen. No Queen. The Queen arrived today to open a new section of the Opera House and for the Commonwealth Games (to be held in Melbourne). Volunteers passed out Aussie flags to wave feverishly. But the Queenie buzzed past so fast that everyone didn't have time even to wave about! I do hope that her black car had aircon !! It was bit of a disappointment actually. Normally you see her on tv talking and chatting to the crowd, her loyal subjects. I suppose she does have a tight schedule. Funny though - I had to come back to Australia to see the Queen. Don't know why I didn't when I was in London!

Technorati Tags: , , .

No comments: