Wednesday, November 17, 2004

One strange call...

On things weird... I just got woken up by my mobile ringing. Thinking it might be a job offer I answered it hoping I did not sound to sleepy.

The lady on the other end distinctly had an Indian accent and could speak prefectly good English. Perhaps I was still too sleepy to take the call or the line wasn't very good because we had a bit of trouble understanding each other properly. She ended up saying that she would send me details of the job via email.

I distinctly remember one of the questions... "WHAT'S YOUR RELOCATION STATUS?"... I did not quite get the name of the place the job was located but she repeated that question a lot. Why do I get the feeling the job is actually in INDIA???

Checking my email my resume was matched against an urgently required position for a company called Rishi InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. Going to their website stays they are located in India. Surprise!!!

Well I have seen Bend It Like Beckham and there was that Indian movie from the London Film Festival. Don't think that qualifies me to understand the finer points of Indian culture though...

Wonder if Lulu would like to relocate....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can hear you saying should you get the job... "Thankyou come again"

or shall we just call you Apu?