Friday, November 05, 2004

Ambitious Cooking

I caught a clip on a tv show about somebody making FRESH pasta from raw ingredients, ie flour, etc. Feeling kinda inspired to try it for myself. Since I did not see the entire clip, let alone write down the recipe, I googled for one instead: recipe for pasta dough and turning the dough into noodles/fettuccine

Two problems: 1) I just got back from the supermarket with bread making flour - not the sort to use for pasta. 2) I dont have a pasta making machine to cut the flour dough.

I wonder how the pasta would taste with self-raising or bread flour. I remember a documentry on traditional noodle making in Japan. I still remember the theory.. can I put it into practice.

Come to think of if, Steph did send me some pictures of the noodles he made. Wish I could have tried them.

No comments: