Saturday, April 08, 2006

World's oldest profession

It's said that the world's oldest profession is prostitution... but an article from the BBC might suggest otherwise. Teeth found by researchers in graveyard from 9000 years ago show clear signs that they have been drilled - probably by flint drills. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't flint the same stone they use for making sparks in lighters?

Can you imagine Neoanderthal-Denzil stumbling out of the pub to the Dentist: Doc I've got a toothache can you drill it out *hic*. And then KABOOM as the sparks ignite the alcohol on my breath. hahaha.

I'm just glad I don't have a headache because other research in the UK have uncovered skulls that have been cut open for relief. The practice was believed to release evil spirits. Thank God for aspirin!! What is really interesting is that the skill that it was done with wasn't bettered until 1000 years later by Classical Greek and Roman times!

And as fate would have it, other archaeological digs in North Yorkshire, UK have found the remains of a Roman transvestite. It is said that the find demonstrates how cosmopolition the North of England was at the time. I say they should look at some parts of modern London!!

Other controversies during the week suggest that Judas did not betray Jesus but was acting on his orders. I doubt that the Catholics will welcome that theory with open arms.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: