Saturday, May 21, 2005

Help me Obi-wan your my only hope!

Leicester Square on Monday was transformed for London's Starwars Celebration Day. (Read CNN's coverage here)I'll just presume you know what that is and haven't been on Yavin4 for the last hundred years. London's Royal Philharmonic Orchestra played the theme music from all the previous movies while a squadron of Stormtroopers keep the public in order. Boba Fette watched as Jedi mingled with the crowd and Hans Solo and Chewbacca posed for pictures. Somebody carelessly landed an X-Wing that drew crowds so it had to be sectioned off. Kenny Baker (of R2D2 fame) was at hand to answer questions from reporters.

(I'll post pictures later as they're on my work computer)

The question most fans will be asking themselves is not will they see Starwars, but how many times they'll be seeing it. For me, I had to strike a deal with Lulu to get her to watch it, only to find out later that she actually WANTS to watch it. I want to watch it in a nice big theatre with kickass sound. All you guys understand me right? Unfortunately that means I would be paying 11 pounds (approx $AU23) which to me is reasonable. Any subsequent viewings can be in local theatres at around half the price on cheapass Mondays. This, my beloved readers, was a point of much heated debate and tension. The impasse was only broken when I had to compromise (hell why can't she!!) and realised that I could see it TWICE for the price of one. Besides I can still see it later with the guys in the city.

And so the tickets are booked. Seats allocated and we'll be watching it Monday at 6:30pm at Clapham Picture House.

No comments: