Saturday, January 22, 2005

On the Job Hunt: Its not a hard question... really!

Today I got a call from an employment agency:

Agency: How do you feel about working in Brighton?
Denzil: Never really thought about it. Tell me more!
Agency: Java development position for a small company blah... blah... blah
Denzil: How long has position been posted/advertised for?
Agency: [silence]... About a month.
Denzil: Is the position a junior placement, mid-level or more senior / team leader role?
Agency: [silence]... I'm looking at your CV and on second thoughts your not appropriate for this position, goodbye....

Hmmm... I don't think my questions were hard/difficult, just trying to get a better feel for the position, so why do I feel they turned the agency off. It certainly felt like the agency couldn't answer the questions or didn't want to give the answers. Weird.

No comments: